OceanaGold's Macraes (NZ) Mine is seeking a Geologist to join the team. The ideal candidate will be an experienced mine geologist who collaborates and engages with the team, in alignment with OceanaGold's Purpose, Vision and Values. Macraes is the largest mine in NZ, employing over 650 people, offering lots of long-term career growth opportunities.
The primary function is to collect geological information via sampling, mapping, core and rock chip logging to be used for ore / resource delineation and / or the optimisation of ore extraction.
You will be required to work in all operational areas of the mine with core role duties across each function and operational area specific duties. Training will be provided to ensure efficient and effective performance of duties when reassigned to a different operational area.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Identify and correctly classify the ore zones
- Assist in the review of stope and ore drive plans
- Support the underground GC drilling
- Undertake sampling of stope ore and underground ROM pad
- Ensure haulage is designated correctly according to grade
- Provide coverage for the underground production geologist as needed
- Monitor development headings and stope production
- Complete geological mapping, trenching and sampling
- Direct the excavator within the ore zone (ore spotting)
- Assist with interpretation of the ore body
- Prepare, log and sample core
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) specified for equipment or tasks and be involved in the development and review/revision of procedures when required
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A degree in geology or other relevant earth sciences
- First Aid Certificate
- Current driver's licence
- Previous experience in an open pit or underground environment desirable
- Intermediate computer literacy including experience in mining software and databases desirable
Who are we?
Check us out: https://oceanagold.com/
Why work for us?
Live and work in Otago NZ, situated close to unspoiled beaches and stunning scenery. In addition to a competitive salary, also benefit from a relocation package and free Southern Cross Healthcare. Join an expanding business offering excellent career progression.
About the company
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental, and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world.
Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA.
At OceanaGold, health and safety are paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviors that align with our values.
OGC VALUES:RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website:www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close 21 January 2022. Shortlisting will commence immediately. Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- New Zealand
- Macraes Operations
- Date expires:
- 21 Jan 2022
- Mining >> Other