OceanaGold's Macraes Mine is seeking a recent Graduate to join the Talent Acquisition team. The ideal candidate will be a team player, with excellent communication skills and a passion for learning, in alignment with OceanaGold's Purpose, Vision and Values. Macraes is a fast-paced gold mining operation, employing 650 people Therefore, we anticipate high volumes of recruitment across all levels of the business. This is an excellent opportunity to join our vibrant People and Culture team.
To work in partnership with hiring managers across the Macraes mine site, sourcing candidates for their job vacancies. Providing support in the selection of applicants, conducting pre-employment checks and administrative and onboarding tasks.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Work closely with universities and schools to make them aware of the opportunities of working within the gold mining industry
- Engage with hiring managers to clarify job vacancies and develop a role profile and candidate specification, to provide the most appropriate candidates for their needs,
- Writing effective job advertisements to attract the best applicants
- Screening job applicants over the phone to validate whether their skills are appropriate for the specialist roles they have applied for
- Behavioural based Interviewing of candidates with hiring managers, providing feedback into the selection process, based upon competency criteria
- Conducting background checks, including employment references, police checks and arranging medicals
- Producing offer letters and employment agreements, ensuring new employees are onboarded efficiently
- Networking with mining industry professionals via LinkedIn to increase awareness of OceanaGold
- Contribute to the development of a consistent, strong employer brand across the business
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A degree or equivalent level of education, preferably with Human Resources or Recruitment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with an eye for detail
- A full driver's licence and the ability to drive a manual vehicle
Who are we?
Check us out - https://oceanagold.com/
Why work for us?
In addition to a competitive salary, OceanaGold offer all employees free Southern Cross Healthcare. Live and work in Otago. With excellent beaches and outdoor lifestyle, Macraes is situated 1 hour from Dunedin and 90 minutes from Oamaru. Free employee bus service to site and the opportunity to work from the Dunedin office too.
About the company
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental, and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world.
Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA.
At OceanaGold, health and safety are paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviors that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close Friday, 21 January 2022. Shortlisting will commence immediately. Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Dunedin Office
- Date expires:
- 21 Jan 2022
- Human Resources >> Other