OceanaGold's Macraes Mine is seeking an Operator to work in the Process Plant. The ideal candidate will be a team player who contribute to safe and efficient gold processing, in alignment with OceanaGold's Purpose, Vision and Values. Macraes is New Zealand's largest mining operation, with over 650 employees and contractors on site. This is an entry level position, with full training provided, working a seven on, seven off roster, rotating between nights and days (12 hour shifts).
Responsible for operating and optimising the process plant Reagent Mixing and Services circuit in accordance with critical operating sheet, training manuals and standard operating procedures. Identify opportunities for improvement and implement approved changes.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Complete all relevant documentation to ensure accurate record keeping, including log sheets and checklists
- Mix reagents and add media to mills as required. Report all unrectified variances to the Shift Coordinator
- Responsible for ensuring the dams meet the required standards and completing the checklists
- Participate in continuous improvement activities, including operating plant areas when required
- Liaise with other operators, gold room staff and plant personnel to minimise downtime
- Effectively completes a handover with incoming/outgoing area operators each shift
- Assist with mechanical/electrical/ metallurgical/ services/gold room tasks as required ensuring maximum availability of the Processing Plant
- Commitment to high standards of health and safety, including hazard reporting and correct use of PPE
The successful candidate will have the following:
- OSH approved Forklift licence, or similar would be well regarded
- Full and current driver's licence, ability to drive manual vehicles is preferred.
- Previous processing plant experience, or similar, will be well regarded
Who are we?
Check us out: https://oceanagold.com/
Why work for us?
Benefit from the flexibility of a seven on, seven off roster and receive full training and career development. Free Southern Cross Healthcare and competitive salary.
About the company
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental, and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world.
Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA.
At OceanaGold, health and safety are paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviors that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close Wednesday, 26 January 2022. Shortlisting will commence immediately. Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Macraes Operations
- Date expires:
- 26 Jan 2022
- Mining >> Other