OceanaGold's Macraes Open Pit team is now hiring Mine Operators. We are currently looking for entry level and experienced Dump Truck operators who want to kick start their mining career. Ideal candidates will be team players who have a commitment to learn and develop new skills. This is an opportunity to work at Macraes, New Zealand's largest mine, offering substantial internal career progression.
If you have an interest in driving heavy machinery, want to get into the mining industry or build on your experience operating heavy earthmoving equipment, then this is the opportunity for you! The role offers the flexibility and lifestyle of a 50/50 or 2/3 roster, alternating between day and night shift (12-hour shifts).
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Operate large mining vehicles within the Open Pit operation
- Pre-start and shut down checks on all equipment to ensure high safety standards
- Load and transport rock to the processing plant
- Working as a member of a crew, contributing to the team
- Communicating with a wide variety of mine workers and contractors
- Housekeeping of vehicles and loading area
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A full, clean, current driver's licence and be confident driving a manual vehicle
- Have the ability to communicate well within a team environment
- Have a high interest in heavy machinery
- Be a safety conscious individual, committed to maintaining an excellent safety record
- Pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing
Who are we?
Check us out: https://oceanagold.com/
Why work for us?
Benefit from training to develop your mining career. Enjoy the lifestyle of a 50/50 or 2/3 roster. Free Southern Cross Private Medical Insurance. Free staff buses from Dunedin and Oamaru.
About the company:
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental, and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world.
Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA.
At OceanaGold, health and safety are paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviors that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close Friday, 4 February 2022. Shortlisting will commence immediately. Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Macraes Operations
- Date expires:
- 4 Feb 2022
- Mining >> Mining Operators