Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Diagnose, repair, and maintain heavy equipment used in construction and mining, such as, large excavators, loaders, 100-150t off highway trucks, dozers, and motor graders
- Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment to diagnose problems
- Remove and replace components such as, engines, transmission, and final drives
- Perform minor repairs to systems such as, engines, transmissions, final drives, brakes, hydraulics, pneumatics, and electrical systems
- Performs required maintenance such as changing oil, greasing and replacing parts on a scheduled and unscheduled basis
- Read and understand operation and service manuals, system schematics and technical drawings
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges
- Ability to research and order parts for services and repairs
- Operate and test equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers specifications
- Perform welding repairs and fabrication
- Support workers performing repairs or replacing components
- Communicate and perform duties to provide information with planning and completion of tasks
- Perform all assigned tasks with limited supervision
- Performs all duties and activities in a manner that conforms to safety requirements
- Duties will include the ability to fill in as relief supervisor when required
- Performs other work required
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven work experience as a diesel or heavy equipment mechanic
- Extensive knowledge of diesel engines and construction equipment
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs, talk, hear and see.
- Must be able to work shift work with 12 hour shifts.
- Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) during the workday.
- Work is in a surface mine plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity.
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine environment, including hart hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required.
Who are we?
Check us out – https://youtu.be/_HHGRMz5rcM
About the company:
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental, and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. The gold, copper, and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world.
Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA.
At OceanaGold, health and safety are paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviors that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 26 Oct 2022