The primary purpose of this role is to coordinate, understand, interpret and analyses financial operation systems, data and related activities and to continuously improve deliverables and processes. Conduct quantitative analyses of information, assess and report on the corresponding financial impact (accounting, planning, forecasting and supply chain) to provide timely and accurate information and support the site Management team.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide financial modeling input into business cases, costs, and schedules to support growth in the business.
- Prepare and coordinate the completion of various data and analytics reports.
- Investigate, analyze, design, and test small changes to financial systems.
- Provide second-line support to users.
- Use data from a wide range of sources to analyze key themes and identify possible impacts on the business.
- Provide information and clarification on existing procedures, processes and precedents.
- Contribute information to business cases to quantify current costs, justify project investment, and identify the return on investment.
- Resolve queries from internal or external customers or suppliers by providing information on complex processes and the related policies, referring to others where necessary for interpretation of policy.
- Track progress against budgets within established finance systems and report variances to more senior colleagues.
- Track budgets and report variances to more senior colleagues.
- Contribute to reviewing existing operations in own area of work and generate new ideas to assist in identifying continuous improvements.
- Prioritize own workflow and ensure work is completed to the required standards of productivity, quality, and timeliness; use performance management systems to improve personal performance.
- Follow the organization's HS&E policies, procedures, and mandatory instructions.
- Manage the company’s financial operating systems, including but not limited to Pronto, Pronto BI, Cognos and any Business Intelligence tools.
- Assist with Life of Mine Plans (LOMP), budgeting, and forecasting processes.
- Contribute to financial, commercial and operations projects when required
The successful candidate will have:
- A recognized degree in Business
- 1+ years’ supervision experience
- 3+ years’ Accounting experience
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
Who are we?
Check us out – https://youtu.be/_HHGRMz5rcM About the company:
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental, and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world.
Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA.
At OceanaGold, health and safety are paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviors that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 1 Sep 2022