Identify process optimization and cost reduction opportunities through fact-based analysis. Facilitate project teams to execute projects aligned to critical business priorities. These projects will generate financial results and drive improved process efficiency and unit cost reduction. This position is accountable for leading cross functional projects to analyze and design workflows that improve efficiencies and reduce unit costs. Interfacing with other departments to identify improvement opportunities and sharing best practices.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Analyze operating indicators to identify process optimization and unit cost reduction opportunities.
- Conducts studies pertaining to cost control, cost reduction, inventory control, and operational performance to identify improvement opportunities.
- Lead cross-functional, complex projects designed to analyze and design sequence of operations and workflows to improve efficiencies.
- Conduct cost / benefit analysis to evaluate viability of proposed initiatives and projects
- Interfacing with other departments to identify improvement opportunities to drive high quality and efficient processes.
- Complete initiative planning documentation and tools with departments to ensure successful completion of initiatives and projects.
- Mobilizing Problem solving teams and supporting groups to streamline processes to drive clear business improvement.
- Facilitate Kaizen events to drive continuous improvements in operations and office areas including effective preparation and follow-up.
- Asist heads of department with the preparation of initiative or project update material.
- Participate on multiple projects and apply continuous improvement techniques. leveraging Lean methodologies to solve problems (DMAIC) and build new capabilities.
- Share best practices and develop coordinated plans.
- Be a change agent: challenge organizational leaders to drive continuous improvements and to remove organizational barriers to continuous improvement processes.
- Develop a deep understanding of relationships between operational indicators to identify inaccurate or incomplete information.
- Investigate data sources and audit suspect calculations to determine the root cause of inaccurate information.
- Partner and work closely with operation teams and business functions (HR, Finance, IT, Procurement, Maintenance).
- Lead system scoping and system requirement definition exercises to define software and system requirements.
- Generate assigned weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Automate and standardize operational and cost reports.
The successful candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualification(s) in Engineering or Business-related field.
- Eligibility for membership of a professional body desirable.
- 3-5 years of experience in hard rock mining.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with complex problems, including both definition of the problem and generation and evaluation of solutions.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, including goal setting, group performance monitoring and the ability to modify priorities where necessary to achieve these goals.
- Effective written and oral communication skills, and the ability to convince others to co-operate and contribute.
- Advanced numerical analysis and reasoning skills.
- Ability to work both within a team and alone
Who are we?
Check us out – https://youtu.be/_HHGRMz5rcM
About the company:
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental, and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world.
Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA.
At OceanaGold, health and safety are paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviors that align with our values. OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 20 Oct 2022