- Make your mark driving leading edge improvements in mining industry capability.
- Strong and proactive senior professional technical team with an advanced work culture.
- Exceptional working environment where people are valued and respected – Brisbane Based.
OceanaGold are seeking a Principal – Energy and Climate Change, to drive the implementation of key strategic company energy and climate change initiatives. Based in our Brisbane Corporate Head Office and reporting direct to the Executive Vice President - Chief Technical & Projects Officer, your ability to engage, support, coach and develop group capability at all business levels will ensure success in this challenging newly created senior in-house SME appointment.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and monitor company policies, policy frameworks and procedures.
- Build and develop group capability through mentoring, coaching and the delivery of authoritative specialist advice to all company levels inclusive of top-level management.
- Lead the planning and execution of energy and climate change audit activities and ensure the prioritization of all associated company risks.
- Guide the implementation of policy and the design and implementation of projects and change initiatives.
- Design and implement reporting strategies to identify and interpret seemingly complex patterns and trends and translation of insights into actionable company recommendations.
- Lead feasibility studies and cost-benefit analysis on the implementation of changes to business processes, products, or business unit structures.
- Lead the review of existing operations and the implementation of innovation processes across the department or sub-function to ensure the required continuous improvement outcomes are delivered.
- Manage existing and contribute to the further development and implementation of global company asset risk management policies and procedures.
The successful candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualification(s) preferably in Engineering.
- More than 15 years of demonstrated relevant systems and process implementation experience.
- 10 plus years of experience in strategy and policy interpretation together with a demonstrated track record of successfully delivering medium to long term company objectives within allocated time frames and budgeted cost.
- Excellent planning, analysis and reporting skills as well as the ability to work at an advanced level to develop strategies for management of stakeholder expectations.
- The ability to work independently while guiding and training others on managing projects and/or programs within desired quality parameters.
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental and social performance. For more than 30 years, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities, and strong returns for our shareholders.
Our global exploration, development, and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of established operating assets including the Didipio Mine in the Philippines; Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand; and the Haile Gold Mine in the United States of America. The gold, copper, and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects communities around the world. They also contribute to sustainable economic growth in the regions where we operate and direct employment for more than 2,500 people.
Our operations are supported by a corporate office located in Brisbane, Australia.
Check us out - https://oceanagold.com/
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close 29th of July, 2022. Shortlisting will commence immediately. Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia.
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
- Work Type:
- Date expires:
- 2 Sep 2022
- Mining >> Other