The purpose of the role is to coordinate and monitor construction activities for Projects being undertaken by the Capital Projects Group, under the overall control of the Project Manager; co-ordinate the daily activities between contractors and construction management for the various Projects being undertaken onsite.
Key tasks and responsibilities within the next 12 months:
- Coordinate functions during the development, approval, and execution phases of Capital Works
- Review construction drawings and specification set out by the designer.
- Ensure works under area of control have the appropriate QA/QC documentation (inspection test plans) in place prior to the work commencing.
- Maintain records of construction, including incidents, progress, delays, and the achievement of milestones.
- Assist with the development of a master schedule with interrelationships between projects.
- Communicate verbally and in writing clearly, concisely, and effectively with team and other personnel.
- Responsible for maintaining a utilization database, tracking invoice flow, developing work schedule, monitoring cost, or assisting in the development of project work breakdown structure and sequencing.
- Review contractor baseline schedules and verify contractor’s monthly updated schedules for accuracy and contractor compliance.
- Ensure AFEs and Professional Service Agreements and/or Contracts and/or Purchase Orders are in place and up to date with the correct approvals in place prior to work being undertaken.
- Carry out and document field leadership safety interactions with work groups.
- Take all appropriate actions to remove and/or manage the hazards within Construction work areas.
- Ensure construction activities are being completed as indicated in the construction documents.
- Maintain daily records of works management, including incidents, progress, delays and the achievement of milestones.
The successful candidate will have:
- Degree in Engineering or related discipline (e.g. Mining/Civil, Mechanical, Construction)
- Five (5) years of related civil construction experience.
- Tailings Storage Facility (TSF) construction experience preferred.
- Formal training or Qualifications in MS Project or Primavera desirable.
- Demonstrated project organizational skills, including report and cost writing experience.
- MSHA Certification or understanding of MSHA guidelines.
Who are we?
Check us out – https://youtu.be/_HHGRMz5rcM
About the company:
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental, and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world.
Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA.
At OceanaGold, health and safety are paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviors that align with our values. OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 4 Oct 2022