- CEO direct report appointment with a mid-tier multinational gold and copper producer
- One of the best organic growth pipelines in the gold sector
- Brisbane based with global remit
OceanaGold are seeking a suitably experienced and motivated Executive Vice President – Chief Technical and Projects Officer to generate value by leading group-wide technical disciplines including Mining and Metallurgical support, Studies (up to and including Feasibility Studies), New Technology, Project Delivery, Carbon and Energy Reduction Planning.
A strong background in studies, operational excellence and project delivery, identifying and executing innovative solutions which drive value and continually improving operational performance will ensure your success in this challenging and highly rewarding C-suite appointment.
As we focus on value creation and growth, this is a great opportunity to join a restructured Executive Leadership Team with a newly appointed CEO and leverage your extensive operational experience in hard rock mining or processing (or similarly complex disciplines) and to help strategically shape the future strategy of OceanaGold whose Purpose is to mine gold for a better future.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Champion an industry best practice approach to studies to optimize value and fully understand risk
- Drive the execution and delivery of projects to completion safely, on time and on budget, overcoming technical, financial and social challenges, managing risk in execution and ensuring effective and collaborative hand-over to operations
- Optimize long-term value creation and improve operational profitability through innovation and implementation of new technology and engineering solutions. This includes assisting the COO in the review of existing operations where technical expertise is required, leading the planning process for development of life of mine resource development plans, and contribution to conversion of resource to reserve
- Collaborate with and support the SVP – Business Development and Investor Relations on M&A initiatives by leveraging in-house technical expertise
- Ensuring that the department delivers the functional strategy and annual plan whilst identifying the capabilities needed to meet the current and emerging business needs
- Driving an effective organization by ensuring process governance, guidance, execution, and reporting are fit for purpose and provide clarity on where accountability sits for activities under the remit of the role
- Enterprise level leadership with active participation in and engagement with Executive, Board, and site management teams
- Maximise the capabilities and performance of the function for organizational impact today with a clear vision for the future
- Driving a constructive workplace culture and creating an inclusive environment focused on achieving business outcomes, improvement, and shareholder value creation; and
- Ensuring timely, accurate reporting to the CEO and other internal and external parties
- Behaves consistently with OceanaGold’s Values
- An Engineer who desires to be based in Brisbane (Company relocation support available)
- Likely more than three years reporting to the CEO in the mining industry together with significant cross-functional and cross-cultural management experience
- Demonstrated experience as an Executive Leadership Team member or General Manager/Vice President operating/involved in technically, socially and culturally diverse environments
- Significant experience in leading studies, project execution, resource optimization and delivering operations technology transformation in a mining and/or processing operation (hard rock preferred)
- Worked at a senior level on M&A projects
- Commercial acumen relevant to the role and strong demonstrated abilities to interface with the Board, investors, analysts and shareholders
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills. You are a natural coach, inclusive in nature, humble in your dealings with others, and are inspirational and demonstrate high levels of enthusiasm for your work. You regularly set clear performance goals for self and team that enable organizational results
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental and social performance. For more than 30 years, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities, and strong returns for our shareholders.
Our global exploration, development, and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of established operating assets including the Didipio Mine in the Philippines; Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand; and the Haile Gold Mine in the United States of America. The gold, copper, and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects communities around the world. They also contribute to sustainable economic growth in the regions where we operate and direct employment for more than 2,500 people.
Our operations are supported by a corporate office located in Brisbane, Australia.
Check us out – www.oceanagold.com
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close 15 June, 2022. Shortlisting will commence immediately. Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia.
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
- Work Type:
- Date expires:
- 30 Jun 2022
- Mining >> Management