JOB RESPONSIBILITES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- To ensure mobile jaw crushing plant is operated safely and in accordance with Company procedures
- To report any operational hazards to the Project Supervisor
- Operate for Reliability (O4R)
- Operating the machine productively while maximizing machine life and machine performance
- Complying with site safety standards
- Working effectively with Supervisors to achieve production targets
- Reporting unsafe acts/area’s in the workplace
- Managing the crusher works area
- Communication via 2-way radio
- Perform pre-shift inspection and document appropriately
- Report any safety or mechanical problems with the equipment in accordance with company procedures
- Document and record production information
- Perform other work required or as directed
- To carry out any other activities directed by the Supervisor within the employee’s competence.
- Able to lift 50lbs
- Must adhere to the OceanaGold Code of Conduct
- Work may be conducted in outdoor settings including active mine areas and may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes, or airborne particles.
- Employees are regularly required to stand, sit, lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds, possess manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear, and see while performing their duties.
- Employee may be required to operate common vehicles and small 4x4 roving vehicles in off-road and adverse weather conditions.
- Appropriate personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor setting, manufacturing,32 or plant environment and may include a hard hat, single or double hearing protection, safety glasses, hard-toed footwear, respirator, protective clothing, gloves, and/or other protective equipment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- 3 years’ experience in operating a Mobile Jaw Crusher
- A strong understanding of the operation and mechanical components of a mobile jaw crusher
- Willingness to work night shift if required
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- HGM promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment including both mandatory pre-employment and random drug testing.
This position is on a one year fixed term contract.
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 25 Jul 2022