OceanaGold’s expanding Waihi Mine is seeking a Geologist with geotechnical experience to join our Geology and Exploration team. This is an excellent opportunity to expand your geotechnical and geology skills and grow your career. Work at the base of the Coromandel - only ten minutes from Waihi Beach, one hour from Tauranga and two hours from Auckland.
Reporting to the Supervising Project Geologist you will undertake core logging responsibilities, provide geotechnical support to the Exploration and Geology team and undertake relevant work for the Technical Services department. You will be working alongside a diverse team of geologists responsible for undertaking geological and geotechnical logging for exploration, resource development and grade control drilling.
Key tasks and responsibilities include the following:
- Collection and data entry of accurate and complete geotechnical and geological data including logging and drilling data and validation and quality control data
- Engage in quality assurance and control practices during the logging process and while dispatching samples
- Collecting information for RQD, RMR, Q rating
- Packer testing or grouting VW piezometers
- Performing point load tests on whole core samples
The successful candidate will have the following:
- One or more years’ experience in geotechnical and geology field works
- Tertiary qualification - minimum B Sc. Engineering Geology or Geology (Geotechnical major preferred)
- Applied experience in geotechnical and geological drilling
- Experience in hydrogeological assessment and data collection methods and processes will be highly regarded
- Strong computer skills and computer literacy
- A full and current driver's licence with the ability to drive manual vehicles
- Currently eligible to work in New Zealand
Who are we?
Check us out - https://oceanagold.com/about-us/
Why work for us?
At OceanaGold we offer our employees a competitive salary, participation in an annual bonus scheme, Southern Cross health insurance for you and subsided rates for immediate family members, contributions to Kiwisaver, free gym membership and excellent training and development.
About the company
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental, and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world.
Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA.
At OceanaGold, health and safety are paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviors that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT - ONE TEAM - CONTRIBUTE - KNOWLEDGE
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close on Thursday, 30 June 2022. Shortlisting will commence immediately. Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
No applications from employment agencies will be accepted.
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Waihi Operations
- Date expires:
- 30 Jun 2022
- Mining >> Geological Technicians