- Highly ethical multinational gold and copper producer
- Established and expanding operations
- Residential New Zealand – Waihi
OceanaGold Corp. are seeking a suitably experienced and motivated General Manager to lead our Waihi operations in New Zealand (North Island). Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, you will lead and manage all Waihi Mining Operations functions whilst ensuring adherence to the highest standards of health, safety, technical, environmental and social performance. A strong background in operational excellence, executing innovative solutions and continually improving operational performance will ensure your success in this challenging and highly rewarding strategic appointment.
This is a great opportunity to leverage from your extensive operational experience in underground and open pit hard rock mining, to mentor and coach our highly engaged and dynamic Waihi workforce to achieve outstanding results and ongoing improvement.
About the role
- Ensuring system, processes and efficiencies are in place to achieve budgeted production
- Lead quality, cost and productivity improvements whist ensuring statutory compliance
- Leadership of site teams with active participation within the site management team
- Ensuring that the operation delivers to plan in respect of production, mine development, cost per ounce/cash flow
- Maximising the return from the ore bodies within Waihi mining operations
- Optimising the long-term integrity of fixed assets (infrastructure and mine development)
- Ensuring that the company meets its environmental and community obligations and is considered a welcome guest in host communities
- Ensuring regulatory compliance with in-country obligations
- Ensuring a constructive and creative environment for business improvement
- Ensuring timely, accurate reporting to the Chief Operations Officer and other internal and external parties; and
- Contributing productively as a member of the Site Leadership Team
- Behavior consistent with OceanaGold Corp. Values and the OceanaGold Way
- Registered Mine Manager ticket or equivalent and be able to secure a company sponsored work visa and residency permit
- At least twenty years of experience in the mining industry together with proven cross cultural management expertise
- Demonstrated experience as a senior mine leader driving high level sustainability initiatives
- Demonstrated experience as a General Manager of an underground mining operation (hard rock preferred)
- High levels of enthusiasm for the work with high performance goals for self and team
- Commercial acumen relevant to the role and strong demonstrated abilities to lead and work effectively
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental and social performance. For more than 30 years, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities, and strong returns for our shareholders.
Our global exploration, development, and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of established operating assets including the Didpio Mine in the Philippines; Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand; and the Haile Gold Mine in the United States of America. The gold, copper, and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects communities around the world. They also contribute to sustainable economic growth in the regions where we operate and direct employment for more than 2,400 people.
Our operations are supported by a corporate office located in Brisbane, Australia.
Check us out – www.oceanagold.com
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close 6th of July, 2022. Shortlisting will commence immediately. Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Waihi Operations
- Date expires:
- 6 Jul 2022
- Mining >> Management