OceanaGold's Macraes Mine is seeking a highly motivated and passionate person to be our next Health and Safety Systems Specialist. The ideal candidate will be a specialist in H&S systems development and implementation with a commitment to OceanaGold's Purpose, Vision and Values. Our Macraes Operation on the South Island of New Zealand is the country's largest active gold producing mine, having produced over five million ounces of gold since 1990.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a great team and contribute to making a safe workplace. IN this role you will support the site in implementation of the H&S management system in what is a truly diverse and exciting industry.
Key tasks and responsibilities include the following:
- System implementations to support the IMS and H & S Standards for the Macraes operation.
- Data management, supporting the site, the company and regulatory compliance standards.
- Ensuring that all reporting is accurate, timely and fit for purpose.
- Responsible for ensuring audits are completed in line with Company expectations
- Proactively participate in and develop the HST team, its goals, and strategies.
- Provide effective H & S Advisory services to operations during periods of team absence.
- Safe performance of all work and associated functions.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in Occupational Health and Safety while not essential are desirable
- Auditing Qualifications (Lead or team auditor) or working towards same preferable
- Incident investigation training such as ICAM
- Previous experience in developing Health and Safety systems and processes
- Experience in mining, heavy industry, quarrying or civil construction well regarded
Who are we?
Check us out - https://oceanagold.com/about-us
Why work for us?
Live and work in Otago, with its stunning unspoiled beaches and great outdoors lifestyle This role ins Monday to Friday 7 am to 4.30 pm. In addition to a competitive salary you will also be eligible for free Southern Cross Health Insurance. Excellent career development opportunities across the business.
About the company
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental, and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world.
Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA.
At OceanaGold, health and safety are paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviors that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT - ONE TEAM - CONTRIBUTE - KNOWLEDGE
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close on Monday, 27 June 2022. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Macraes Operations
- Date expires:
- 27 Jun 2022
- Human Resources >> OH & S Officer