Live and work in Waihi, the gateway to the stunning Coromandel region with big cities on its doorstep
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-growing residential mine in an envied part of the Coromandel.
The Storeperson is responsible for providing safe and cost-effective stock control and logistical support for the Waihi Operation and ensuring that all stock is stored, issued and receipted safely and accurately and providing an efficient, safe and secure warehouse facility ensuring a high level of material availability and customer satisfaction
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Receives, stores and issues parts and consumables efficiently
- Maintain materials management and rotation between all stores operational areas
- Maintains and is responsible for forklifts
Auditing and reporting:
- Records stock balances accurately
- Monitors and reports on the physical stock levels and consumption of parts and consumables
- Assist Supply Supervisor/Buyer in maintaining goods return systems so that redundant or incompatible stock is routinely returned for credit
- Assist Supply Supervisor/Buyer in maintaining inventory control systems to ensure appropriate stock control and security
- Assist Supply Supervisor/Buyer undertake periodic stock take of inventory to identify inventory value, situations of over or under stocking, and redundant stock
Safety requirements include the following:
- Perform all work and associated functions safely
- Correctly use all PPE
- Establish and maintain the highest possible standards of housekeeping and cleanliness in individual work area and mine site in general
- Attend pre-shift safety and toolbox safety meetings
- Complete Stop-Think and Job Safety Analysis (JSA) prior to undertaking tasks
- Report all incidents and near misses and workplace hazards
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) specified for particular equipment or tasks and be involved in the development and review/revision of procedures when required
Other responsibilities include the following:
- Carry out all other duties that may reasonably be required
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Current full driver's licence with forklift endorsement
- Ideally previous experience in warehousing and stores duties
Who are we?
Check us out - https://oceanagold.com/about-us/
Why work for us?
Attractive salary package including free Southern Cross Healthcare. Excellent career development opportunities due to continued expansion of the global business.
About the company
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental, and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world.
Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA.
At OceanaGold, health and safety are paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviors that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT - ONE TEAM - CONTRIBUTE - KNOWLEDGE
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close Monday, 27 June 2022. Shortlisting will commence immediately. Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
No applications from employment agencies will be accepted.
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Waihi Operations
- Date expires:
- 27 Jun 2022
- Mining >> Other