Open Pit Mine Manager, residential operation, situated in the beautiful region of Otago, NZ
OceanaGold's Macraes Mine is seeking an experienced Mine Manager to drive the success of the open pit operation. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of continuous improvement, within a “hard rock” mining environment. This is a strategic senior management opportunity within New Zealand's largest gold mine, which employs over 600 people. Live and work in the stunning Otago region, close to unspoiled beaches and less than three hours drive from the ski fields of Queenstown and Wanaka.
The Open Pit Mine Manager is responsible for managing leading and developing all aspects of the open-pit mining operation. This encompasses strategic planning, infrastructure development, safe production, and minimising environmental and social impacts of the operation.
The Open Pit Mine Manager is ultimately responsible for ensuring that mine development, capital projects and production targets are achieved safely and within the approved budget and to Company's standards.
Key tasks and responsibilities include the following:
- Develop functional work plans for the open-pit mine from the LOM
- The ongoing strategic planning process, and outputs considering the open-pit mining and site milling schedules
- Promote the implementation of cost-saving activities.
- Champion the effective use of relevant tools, databases, operational processes and systems to efficiently support the department's goals
- Proactive engagement with Mine Operations and Long-Term Planning colleagues
- Accurate and timely reporting to the Macraes Leadership team, in accordance with the business and relevant statutory requirements
- Ensure the open pit budget is completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Monitor and control all open-pit charges through interrogation of financial reports on a weekly and monthly basis to ensure unit cost targets are achieved
- Interpret legislation, government standards and agreements. Provide input/informed commentary, improvement opportunities and areas of risk to management
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and company standards through training and development of staff and promoting by example
- Challenge attitudes and behaviours to promote wider thinking.
- Provide leadership and coaching to establish a strong culture of continuous improvement
- Build and maintain effective relationships to retain a high-performance workforce through engagement, communication and motivation
- Ensure that the highest standards of safety are achieved, in line with company and statutory requirements
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A degree in Mining Engineering or equivalent.· Either 'A' Grade Quarry Managers Certificate or First-Class Mine Manager's Certificate of Competency (CoC), and potential to obtain Site Senior Executive Certificate of Competency (SSE).
- Full, clean and current driver's licence, and confidence driving a manual vehicle.· At least seven years of Mining experience, majority open pit.
- Postgraduate experience in open pit mining within medium and large-scale mines
- Proven experience at senior levels, including leading mine expansions or new project studies
Who are we?
Check us out: https://oceanagold.com/careers/why-work-here/
Why work for us?
No FIFO or working in remote locations, Macraes is a residential mine situated in a stunning region of Otago, New Zealand. Enjoy the local area at weekends on this 5/2 dayshift only, roster. Competitive salary and free Southern Cross Healthcare. Relocation package available.
About the company
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental, and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world.
Our global exploration, development and operating experience have created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA.
At OceanaGold, health and safety are paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviors that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT - ONE TEAM - CONTRIBUTE - KNOWLEDGE
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close on Thursday, 30 June 2022. Shortlisting will commence immediately. Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
No applications from employment agencies will be accepted.
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Macraes Operations
- Date expires:
- 30 Jun 2022
- Mining >> Management