Re-locate to New Zealand’s stunning South Island
OceanaGold’s Macraes Mine is seeking an experienced Jumbo Operator to join the underground team. The ideal candidate will be a team player who collaborates with operations in alignment with OceanaGold’s Purpose, Vision and Values. Macraes is New Zealand’s largest gold mine, with 650 employees and contractors on site, therefore there are excellent career progression opportunities,
Safely and efficiently operate Jumbo development drills in order to mine headings and install ground support as per mine standards. At all times, display a high degree of professionalism and quality of work to ensure that cost effective productivity is delivered.
Key tasks and responsibilities include the following:
- On average, bolt and bore the equivalent of 1.5 headings per shift, (bore 3, bolt 3, bore 2 bolt 1 or bolt 2 and bore 1
- Ensure all headings bored are mined on line and to grade
- Working accurately, with less than 100mm over-break on radius
- Making sure that all headings mined comply with standards
- Mentor style approach and teamwork. Lead by example and fulfil all job responsibilities competently
- Perform all work and associated functions safely
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Full and current driver licence and confidence driving manual vehicles over rough terrain
- Current First Aid Certificate
- A minimum of five years underground mining experience
- Ability to bore faces
- Can competently install on average 80 bolts per shift
- Proven drill and jumbo operational experience
- Must be deemed competent as a Loader Operator, Development Charge Up and Serviceman, and hold the required Tickets; or able to obtain them before commencing in the role
Who are we?
Check us out: https://oceanagold.com/about-us/
Why work for us?
Benefit from the lifestyle of a seven on, seven off roster (rotating nights and days).. Live and work in Otago, with its stunning scenery and unspoiled beaches. Free Southern Cross Healthcare and free staff buses running from Dunedin and Oamaru.
About the company
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental, and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world.
Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA.
At OceanaGold, health and safety are paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviors that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close Thursday, 30 June 2022. Shortlisting will commence immediately. Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
No applications from employment agencies will be accepted.
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Macraes Operations
- Date expires:
- 30 Jun 2022
- Mining >> Jumbo Operators