A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a self-motivated and energetic Underground Diesel Fitter to join our Underground Maintenance team at the Waihi Operation. Reporting to the Underground Maintenance Supervisor this position works an attractive even time roster. Rotating seven on, sven off (Dayshift/Nightshift).
Key tasks and responsibilities include the following:
- Ensure all underground equipment is mechanically and electronically maintained in accordance with company and site policies and procedures
- Complete scheduled tasks and service inspections as planned
- Carrying out general duties, preventative maintenance, repairs and fault diagnosis work on all Mining equipment to a high standard of quality which maintains the integrity of the equipment and does not compromise safe operation
- Maintain critical maintenance data and records daily
- Read and interpret Service and Spare parts manuals
- The abilityto work unsupervised
- Actively promote, seek out and participate in drives that will lead to improvements in safety, productivity and cost effectiveness
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Appropriate Trade Qualification
- Previous experience in a 24-hour, continual process production environment, and in a heavy industrial environment
- A high level of diagnostic skill in electrical and hydraulic systems is preferred
- A full and current driver's licence with the ability to drive manual vehicles
Who are we?
Check us out - https://oceanagold.com/about-us/
Why work for us?
At OceanaGold we offer our employees a competitive salary, Southern Cross health insurance for you and subsided rates for immediate family members, contributions to Kiwisaver, free gym membership, 6 monthly bonuses and the opportunity for growth in your career.
About the company:
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental, and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world.
Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA.
At OceanaGold, health and safety are paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviors that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT - ONE TEAM - CONTRIBUTE - KNOWLEDGE
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close on Monday, 4 July 2022. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand
No applications from employment agencies will be accepted.
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Waihi Operations
- Date expires:
- 4 Jul 2022
- Mining >> UG Labourers (Nippers)