- Senior site management appointment with a highly ethical multinational gold and copper producer
- Established and expanding international underground operations
- 4 weeks on / 2 weeks off, FIFO – Philippines
OceanaGold Corp. are seeking a suitably experienced and motivated Manager Asset Maintenance to lead and develop our site asset management function at Didipio operations in the Philippines. Reporting to General Manager, you will develop and execute a detailed overarching Asset Management Plan within budgeted costs whilst also ensuring a safe and harmonious working environment, consistent with the highest standards of health, safety, technical, environmental and social performance international standards and the OceanaGold Way. A strong background in continually improving both mobile and fixed plant asset performance spanning international underground and surface mining operations, will ensure your success in this challenging and highly rewarding senior site-based management appointment.
This is a great opportunity to leverage from your extensive international experience to mentor and coach our highly engaged and dynamic Didipio workforce to achieve outstanding results and ongoing improvement of our site asset maintenance function.
About the role
- Prepare, optimize and implement short-term, medium-term & long-term asset management plans to aligned with LOM mining strategy and schedules
- Develop & implement AMD Business Improvement initiatives to improve safety, processes & cost management
- Prepare and present periodic reports on asset activities, including forecast updates of future asset performance and cost schedules
- Establish and maintain the highest possible standards of housekeeping and cleanliness in individual AMD work area and mine site in general
- Leadership of site teams with active participation within the site management team
- Ensure a constructive and creative environment for business improvement
- Always maintain and encourage a positive safety and environment culture
- Behavior consistent with OceanaGold Corp. Values and the OceanaGold Way
- Be able to secure a company sponsored work visa
- Engineering Degree-Mechanical/Civil/Asset Management (preferred) Mechanical Trade/Training Certificate or equivalent (minimum)
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar internationally based role together with proven cross cultural management expertise
- Demonstrated experience as a senior mine leader driving asset improvement initiatives
- High levels of enthusiasm for the work with high performance goals for self and team
- Commercial acumen relevant to the role and strong demonstrated abilities to lead and work effectively within culturally diverse workforce settings
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental and social performance. For more than 30 years, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities, and strong returns for our shareholders.
Our global exploration, development, and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of established operating assets including the Didipio Mine in the Philippines; Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand; and the Haile Gold Mine in the United States of America. The gold, copper, and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects communities around the world. They also contribute to sustainable economic growth in the regions where we operate and direct employment for more than 2,500 people.
Our operations are supported by a corporate office located in Brisbane, Australia.
Check us out – www.oceanagold.com
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close 30th of June, 2022. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
- Work Type:
- Didipio Operations
- Date expires:
- 30 Jun 2022
- Mining >> Management