IT Network Engineer - “Live and work in Waihi, the gateway to the stunning Coromandel region with big cities on its doorstep”
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-growing residential mine in an envied part of the Coromandel. Enjoy the lifestyle of a residential mining operation, close to excellent beaches and the stunning Coromandel scenery. Join our OceanaGold team to expand your IT networking skills and develop your career as the business grows. Only a two-hour drive from Auckland, and one hour from Tauranga and Hamilton, there is lots to explore.
A key position in keeping people in the Underground mine connected. You will plan and implement installation, maintenance and optimisation of underground communication systems. These include fibre optic cables, network system and WiFi devices. You will facilitate a reliable and effective communications network to support 24/7 mining operations.
Key tasks and responsibilities include the following:
- Support and maintain the underground network and all related ancillary equipment, as well as operational databases and reporting systems.
- Person and asset tracking
- Cap lamp maintenance and personnel identification
- Voice radio communications
- Safety access systems
- Underground data capture devices
- Wireless remote operated vehicles and their safety systems
- SCADA and Pi Vision control and monitoring systems
- IP cameras and telephones
- Installation, maintenance and optimisation of leaky feeder RF communications
- Estimating time and materials required to complete technology related jobs
- Training of personnel regarding various technology devices
- Assist with the installation, maintenance and optimisation of the following systems
- Report generation for mine processes
- Implementation of real time data capture and display
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Diploma or similar qualification in network engineering
- Trade certificate in Electrical Engineering/ Electronics Technician /Radio Communications or equivalent preferable
- Full and current driver's licence, competent driving manual vehicles
- Prior working experience as a vehicle radio communication or FMS equipment installer will be highly regarded
- Experience in managing wireless and wired IP based data networks
- Power Bi interactive data visualization software
- Prior mine site experience will be highly regarded
Why work for us?
Live and work in Waihi, close to unspoiled beaches and the stunning scenery of the Coromandel. Competitive salary. Free gym membership. Free Southern Cross Healthcare and Benefit from the career development opportunities on offer while working Monday to Friday.
Who are we?
Check us out – https://oceanagold.com/about-us/
Why work for us?
Enjoy a Monday to Friday roster so you can explore the stunning local region at weekends. At OceanaGold we offer our employees a competitive salary, participation in an annual bonus scheme, Southern Cross health insurance for you and subsided rates for immediate family members, contributions to Kiwisaver, free gym membership and excellent training and development.
About the company
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental, and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world.
Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA.
At OceanaGold, health and safety are paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviors that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT - ONE TEAM - CONTRIBUTE - KNOWLEDGE
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close on Friday, 1 July 2022. Shortlisting will commence immediately. Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
No applications from employment agencies will be accepted.
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Waihi Operations
- Date expires:
- 1 Jul 2022
- IT Services >> Network Security Engineer