OceanaGold's Macraes Mine is seeking an experienced Electrician to join the processing plant, maintenance team. The ideal candidate will hold a trade certification and have experience of working within processing or a heavy industry environment. This is an excellent opportunity to work within New Zealand's largest gold mine, which employs over 600 people. Live and work in the stunning Otago region, with the lifestyle of a seven on-seven off, roster, rotating between days and nights.
You will be responsible for maintaining the electrical systems, and all related electrical and electronic equipment and machinery in the Processing Plant and mine site as required. Working to the Health and Safety in Employment (Mining Operations and Quarrying Operations) Regulations 2016 and all other associated regulations and standards.
Key tasks and responsibilities include the following:
- Carry out maintenance repairs and improvements to electrical equipment in the process plant, installing new equipment to safety standards required by regulatory authorities
- Assist the Shift Electrician to diagnose and rectify faults under the pressure of unscheduled downtime or power outage to maximise plant availability
- Update electrical circuit drawings when modifications are made
- Install and calibrate all instrumentation including DCS Modifying PLC programs as required
- Recording all work done and modifications for historical records, inform electrical supervisor immediately of all significant down-time
- Assist the Maintenance and Shutdown Planner with scoping and scheduling electrical work
- Assists with mechanical and operational tasks as required ensuring maximum availability of the Processing Plant
- Ensure that the highest standards of health and safety are maintained
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Full and Current driver's licence, ability to drive manual vehicles is preferred
- Formal Electrical trade qualification with New Zealand practicing licence
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Up to five years post apprenticeship experience in a processing or heavy industry ideally
- Previous exposure to PLC's, control systems and instrumentation is essential
- Previous experience with high voltage switching would be advantageous
Who are we?
Check us out: https://oceanagold.com/about-us/
Why work for us?
Macraes is a residential mine situated in a stunning region of Otago, New Zealand. Enjoy the local area with the lifestyle of a seven-on, seven-off roster. (rotating days and nights). Competitive salary and free Southern Cross Healthcare. Free buses to site from Dunedin and Oamaru for employees.
About the company
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental, and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world.
Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA.
At OceanaGold, health and safety are paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviors that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT - ONE TEAM - CONTRIBUTE - KNOWLEDGE
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close Thursday, 1 July 2022. Shortlisting will commence immediately. Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
No applications from employment agencies will be accepted.
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Macraes Operations
- Date expires:
- 1 Jul 2022
- Mining >> Maintenance Personnel