This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-growing residential mine in an envied part of the Coromandel. OceanaGold’s expanding Waihi Mine is seeking a Senior Engineer – Mine Engineering to join their growing Underground team. This is an excellent opportunity to expand your skills and develop your career as the business explores local expansion. Enjoy the lifestyle of a residential mining operation, close to excellent beaches and stunning scenery
Reporting to the Superintendent Technical Services, you will have the opportunity to grow your skills in a complex and dynamic mine that is planned to extract ore in both virgin and remnant mining areas below an existing Open Pit. You will be responsible for providing senior engineering input and focused support into remnant mining activities. The Senior Engineer - Mine Engineering will complete and co-ordinate all technical works for remnant mining including design, economic analysis, and overseeing implementation.
Key tasks and responsibilities include the following:
- Ensure mine designs for remnant mining are adequately assessed and optimised for any potential geotechnical risks, including short, medium- and long-term mining strategies
- Review and update mine designs for remnant areas to ensure that extraction sequencing is optimised
- Liaise with Geotechnical Engineers to ensure mine designs are promptly assessed and monitored during extraction
- In conjunction with operational personnel, oversee the safe and efficient execution of mine designs for remnant areas
- Review planned verse actual performance on mining areas to ensure future mining is economic and efficient
- Liaise with the mine planning engineers to ensure that all resolutions of mine plans incorporate the latest mine designs and planning assumptions for remnant areas
- Perform all work and associated functions safely
- Correctly use all PPE
- Obey all written and verbal health and safety instructions
- Establish and maintain the highest possible standards of housekeeping and cleanliness in individual work area and mine site in general
- Attend pre-shift safety and toolbox safety meetings
- Complete Stop-Think and Job Safety Analysis (JSA) prior to undertaking tasks
- Report all incidents and near misses and workplace hazards
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) specified for particular equipment or tasks and be involved in the development and review/revision of procedures when required
- Carry out all other duties that may reasonably be required.
The successful candidate will have the following:
Relevant tertiary qualification in Mining Engineering or equivalent.
Full and current driver license, ability to drive manual vehicles is preferred.
Minimum of five or more years’ experience in an underground mining environment, ideally with interactions with historical mining
Experience in novel mining methods and extraction techniques
Who are we?
Check us out - https://oceanagold.com/about-us/
Why work for us?
Enjoy a Monday – Friday roster so you can explore the stunning local region at weekends. At OceanaGold we offer our employees a competitive salary, Southern Cross health insurance for you and subsided rates for immediate family members, contributions to Kiwisaver, free gym membership and excellent training and development.
About the company
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental, and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world.
Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA.
At OceanaGold, health and safety are paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviors that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close Monday, 4 July 2022. Shortlisting will commence immediately. Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
No applications from employment agencies will be accepted.
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Waihi Operations
- Date expires:
- 4 Jul 2022
- Engineering >> Other