OceanaGold's Macraes Mine is seeking an experienced Cabolter Operator to join the underground team. The ideal candidate will be a team player who collaborates with operations in alignment with OceanaGold's Purpose, Vision and Values. Macraes is New Zealand's largest gold mine, with 650 employees and contractors on site, therefore there are excellent career progression opportunities,
To drill, install and grout ground support cables as per the ground support plans in a safe and efficient manner.
Key tasks and responsibilities include the following:
- To meet the minimum target of an average of 90 metres of linearcable bolt holes (single or twin strand cables) drilled and installed per shift operating
- To ensure that equipment is utilised effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure damage is kept to a minimum and reported immediately
- Maintains excellent standards of housekeeping on the Sandvik Cabolter machine and work area
- Accurate and thorough reporting recorded on the Daily Drill Sheet to track metres drilled and grouted
- Pre-starts 100% completed, workplace inspection completed as required
- Demonstrate compliance with underground procedures relevant to the position
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Full and current driver licence and confidence driving manual vehicles over rough terrain
- Current First Aid Certificate
- A minimum of three years' experience in underground mining
- Passed out and hold a current Cabolter Ticket
- Demonstrated compliance with Company policies and procedures
Who are we?
Check us out: https://oceanagold.com/about-us/
Why work for us?
Benefit from the lifestyle of a 7 on, 7 off roster (rotating nights and days). Live and work in Otago, with its stunning scenery and unspoiled beaches. Just a three hour drive to the Queenstown ski fields. Free Southern Cross Healthcare and free staff buses running from Dunedin and Oamaru.
About the company
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental, and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world.
Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA.
At OceanaGold, health and safety are paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviors that align with our values.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close on Friday, 8 July 2022. Shortlisting will commence immediately. Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
No applications from employment agencies will be accepted.
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Macraes Operations
- Date expires:
- 8 Jul 2022
- Machinery Operation >> Machine Operator