The ideal candidate will have experience with the budgets and forecasts and will work in alignment with OceanaGold’s Purpose, Vision and Values.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Investigates, researches, and analyzes information and issues related to internal accounting
- Analyzes operational and financial results on a Monthly/Quarterly/Annual Basis
- Prepares monthly reports analyzing the results for internal distribution to allow management to understand the results and key issues
- Provides financial analysis support to the various departments and raises key issues to management
- Communicates and advises on a variety of financial cost analysis requests
- Assists in preparing the Quarterly Reporting Packages to Corporate
- Leads and manages the Fixed Assets ledger including timely capitalization of completed projects, disposals, asset counts, depreciation, etc.
- Completes various balance sheet account reconciliations and schedules for monthly reporting
- Prepares documentation, and retains financial records to ensure compliance with industry and operational requirements
- Recommends and implements improvements to financial procedures and controls to maximize operations efficiencies and to maintain a strong control environment for SOX audits
- Prepares budgets and forecasts by working with the site departments and ensuring the submissions are timely and accurate
- Assists the department in preparing, understanding, and analyzing their budget/forecasts
- Analyzes the budget/forecasts and identifies and presents the risks, opportunities, and business drivers in order to facilitate Management Review
- Assists in preparing and presenting the budget/forecast review presentations
- Proactively strives to improve the budgeting/forecasting process by identifying and acting on gaps in the current process
- Works with the Supervisor on projects to continuously improve processes in areas of responsibility noted above
- Participates in special projects and other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
- Liaisons with other departments on various projects, and initiatives as needed and assigned
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to safety, environmental, confidentiality and code of conduct
- Meets or exceeds established performance expectations set by management
- Consistently exercises discretion and judgment in job performance
- Works without risk to harm to self and others
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- 5 Years of accounting/finance experience
- Advanced Excel; Power BI Reporting experience
- High degree of business acumen, and analytical, and problem-solving skills with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Who are we?
Check us out – https://youtu.be/_HHGRMz5rcM
About the company:
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental, and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world.
Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA.
At OceanaGold, health and safety are paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviors that align with our values. OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 30 Dec 2022