- Key staff appointment with a mid-tier multinational gold and copper producer
- One of the best organic growth pipelines in the gold sector
- Brisbane based with global remit
OceanaGold are seeking a suitably experienced and motivated Principal Metallurgist to provide leadership and technical excellence for project evaluations, development, feasibility studies, technical reviews and operational improvements. You will also build OceanaGold’s internal metallurgical capabilities to maximize operational efficiencies and recovery rates.
Reporting to the Chief Metallurgist, your strong background in studies, project delivery and proven track record in identifying and implementing innovative value driven solutions that significantly improve operational performance, will ensure your success in this challenging and highly rewarding appointment.
This is a great opportunity to leverage from your previous operations-based experience to drive leading edge innovative solutions and initiatives whilst also providing specialist high level SME advice to our senior leadership team.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Identifying technical and operational improvement opportunities across OceanaGold’s global gold-silver and gold-copper operations
- Providing leadership, guidance and advice on all matters related to metallurgy and processing
- Coaching and mentoring team members across OceanaGold’s operations with regular international travel as required
- Leading and participating in technical evaluation and risk reviews
- Lead supporting role for Scoping, PFS and Feasibility studies as well as merger/acquisition/divestment due-diligence exercises
- Actively supporting operations inclusive of knowledge sharing and promotion of the processing discipline as part of our global Technical and Projects function
- Identifying and supporting the development of capabilities to facilitate and leverage the transfer of technical knowledge across the group
- Coordinate and manage consultants, suppliers and other external contacts
- Behaves consistently with OceanaGold’s Values.
- Tertiary qualifications in Metallurgy, Chemistry or Chemical Engineering in addition to global technical networks coupled with advanced presentation and technical reporting skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in the design, specification, operation, monitoring, assessment and optimisation of metalliferous processing facilities as well as detailed knowledge of processing issues relating to the design and analysis of mineral processing operations.
- Multiple commodity experience within metalliferous process development, R&D, technical operational or operations support roles spanning complex processing operations.
- A demonstrated previous track record of success managing projects and teams that have created value impacts of at least $1M+ annually
It will also be beneficial if you have
- Postgraduate degree in Commercial/Management studies or equivalent commercial experience.
- Membership of internationally recognised and highly regarded professional/certifying bodies at a senior level.
- Track record of successfully managing and delivering complex programs on time and within budget.
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental and social performance. For more than 30 years, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities, and strong returns for our shareholders.
Our global exploration, development, and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of established operating assets including the Didipio Mine in the Philippines; Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand; and the Haile Gold Mine in the United States of America. The gold, copper, and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects communities around the world. They also contribute to sustainable economic growth in the regions where we operate and direct employment for more than 2,500 people.
Our operations are supported by a corporate office located in Brisbane, Australia.
Check us out – www.oceanagold.com
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close July 30th, 2022. Shortlisting will commence immediately. Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia.
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
- Work Type:
- Date expires:
- 22 Aug 2022
- Mining >> Other