- Live and work in Waihi, the gateway to the stunning Coromandel region - only 10 minutes from Waihi beach, one hour from Tauranga and two hours from Auckland
- Manage a new team, delivering continuous improvement across mining operations
- Grow your career with an international gold producer
OceanaGold is seeking a manager to set up and run the Continuous Improvement (CI) team at our Waihi gold mine. This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in increasing the productivity and efficiency of our mining operations.
Key tasks and responsibilities include the following:
- Initial setup of the CI offices and initial reporting structures within and outside of the CI department
- Development of the initial CI department budget for the 2023 budget year, operating independently of other mine departments
- Development of the initial CI business plan, with Plant, Open Pit, Underground, Asset Management departments, with a focus on operations and maintenance
- Management of three technical specialists, a Mining Engineer and an Analyst
- Report to the General Manager with a monthly overview of the CI projects
- Lead the CI project selection process with each of the senior management team with a final CI project priority classification matrix
- Ensure the final list of CI projects are based on technical and economic fundamentals and each project represents the best business case fundamentals as per the selection process.
- Ensure each CI project has an agreed schedule and budget and a defined outcome with monthly reporting against these key KPI's for each chosen project
- Conduct project reviews monthly to senior management team and quarterly to our Brisbane office
- Maintain cost management of each defined CI project within the approved project budget
- Provide inputs into cost estimates, budgets and any AFE's that develop from the individual CI projects
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Degree qualification or equivalent preferred
- Formal training or Qualifications in Continuous Improvement
- Full and current driver's licence, ability to drive manual vehicles is preferred
- Demonstrated high level project management ability, including cost control, safety performance, fostering of professional relationships, and schedule reporting and delivery
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental and social performance. For more than 30 years, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities, and strong returns for our shareholders.
Our global exploration, development, and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of established operating assets including the Didipio Mine in the Philippines; Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand; and the Haile Gold Mine in the United States of America. The gold, copper, and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects communities around the world. They also contribute to sustainable economic growth in the regions where we operate and direct employment for more than 2,300 people.
Our operations are supported by a corporate office located in Brisbane, Australia.
Check us out - https://oceanagold.com/
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Macraes Operations
- Date expires:
- 30 Nov 2022
- Mining >> Management