- Assign tasks, associated with all scheduled/unscheduled repair activities, to the Maintenance Technicians and contractors. Monitor those tasks to ensure safe and efficient work execution. Review work after completion to verify appropriate standards and quality have been met.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping in all work areas to provide a safe and healthy workplace for all employees and contractors.
- Coordinate with the operations supervisors/dispatch for all scheduled maintenance activities. Optimize the schedule so that the production impact is minimized.
- Review all work order packages (received from planning) to confirm that they include appropriate standard job plans, single point lessons, oil sample labels, etc.
- Spend time significant in the field – “visible felt leadership” – interacting with the workforce (technicians and contractors), ~80% of working time.
- Attend morning meeting to communicate current machine status & priority, unplanned sick leave, parts issues, required schedule changes and uncompleted work orders requiring rescheduling.
- Review all complete job cards/work orders for completion details, actual labor hours, parts used, etc. Ensure that quality information is being received from the Maintenance Technicians/contractors at the end of a job.
- Provide support to TEAM Coordinators/crew leaders – assist in implementing improvement projects when required.
Key Result Areas & Measures:
- Excellent and demonstrated commitment to safety & health. Maintain a safe and healthy working environment with a high standard of housekeeping.
- Reduce TRI (total recordable injuries) by 15% (including contractors) from previous year.
- Focus on “visible felt leadership” by interacting with workshop personnel “in the field” (minimum of 80% of working time).
- Budgeted haul truck availability
- Budgeted track & tire dozer and motor grader availability targets
- Positive and enthusiastic team member, seeking to assist and mentor others.
- Maintain daily maintenance shift reports, area inspections, payroll records, planned general inspections, dispatch reporting data and employee evaluations.
- Maintain good working relationships with key vendors such as Komatsu, Cummins and Caterpillar.
- Maintenance Superintendent
- Senior Supervisor – Trucks and Support and Maintenance Supervisors
- Operation Supervisors and Operators
- TEAM Crew Supervisors
- Maintenance Technicians
- Komatsu, Smith-Detroit, Cummins, Caterpillar
- Other key contractors and suppliers
- Quality Communication: Communicates effectively and professionally with both internal and external personnel. Delivering clear and concise information to direct reports.
- Planning and Organizing: Apply discipline and structure to the repair activities, assets, and resources.
- Focus on Quality: Prepared to challenge the status quo. Demonstrates a high degree of attention to detail. Striving to enhance the percentage of scheduled repair activities.
- Leading Teams/Building Successful Teams: Demonstrates ability to engage crew members in improvement activities, brainstorming, and quality reviews.
- Driving/Facilitating Change: As a frontline maintenance execution role, it is important to be able to adopt new ideas, improvements, and good practice. Then implement that change in the workplace – safety, health, production, cost reduction.
- Maintaining Work Standards: Work consistently to a set standard.
- 5 to 10 years technical experience in the maintenance industry, preferably in the heavy equipment environment.
- 2 years’ experience as a supervisor or an equivalent supervisory position
- Direct practical experience working electric drive trucks, 730E, 830E,930E, Cat Ancillary support equipment experience
- Mechanical trade or Bachelor qualification in Mechanical Engineering.
- Driver’s license or ability to competently operate a motor vehicle.
- Graduate diploma or Bachelor qualification in Mechanical Engineering.
Other Skills & Knowledge:
- MS Office Suite (MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, MS Outlook)
- Pronto experience
Other Specific Requirements of the Role:
- Must be Fit for Duty: Able to lift and carry 50 lbs overhead, climb ladders, work at heights etc.
- Must be able to work in adverse weather conditions: -40°F through 110°F; rain, snow, sun.
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 30 Nov 2022