- Review and direct technicians on all scheduled / unscheduled repair activities, ensuring safe / efficient execution.
- Discuss upcoming schedules and plans with peers
- Coordinate with the operations supervisors / dispatcher for all scheduled activities. Ensure the sequencing matches the schedule as developed.
- Assign and distribute the work order packages which include appropriate standard job plans, single point lessons, oil sample labels to the technicians.
- Spend at minimum 80% of time on “visible felt leadership” interacting with the technicians and service contractors.
- Attend morning meeting to communicate current machine status & priority, unplanned sick leave, parts issues, required schedule changes and uncompleted work orders requiring rescheduling.
- Proactive interaction with TEAM, Pd.M. Technicians – supporting and executing safety / reliability improvements to the equipment.
- Develop crew support for other continuous improvement initiatives.
Key Result Areas & Measures:
- Excellent and demonstrated commitment to safety & health, interacting with maintenance shop personnel to ensure activities are completed without compromise to the safety and health of all personnel.
- Reduce TRI (total recordable injuries) by 15% (including contractors) from previous year.
- Focus on “visible felt leadership” spending at minimum 80% of time interacting with the technicians.
- Ensure key performance measures are actively reviewed with the technicians targeting the loading fleet availability.
- Positive and enthusiastic team member, seeking to assist and mentor others.
- Rigorous and through management for completing scheduled activities to minimize the production impact of the equipment being down for maintenance activities.
- Actively and constructively communicate opportunities for improvement / development to technicians consistently updating individuals as to their current job performance.
- Maintain rigorous housekeeping habits of all maintenance shop facilities.
- Maintain daily maintenance shift reports, area inspections, payroll records, planned general inspections, dispatch reporting data and employee evaluations.
- Maintain good working relationships with key vendors / manufacturers such as Linder (Komatsu), Blanchard (Cat)
- Provide technical support and training to the heavy repair technicians.
- Submit - at minimum - one FLRA daily.
- Maintenance Superintendent
- Senior Supervisor – Mobile Maintenance
- Maintenance Supervisors – Open Pit Maintenance
- Operation Supervisors and Operators
- Warehouse personnel
- TEAM Coordinators
- Trade Technicians
- Komatsu, Smith – Detroit, Cummins, Caterpillar
- Other key contractors and suppliers
- Quality Communication: Communicates effectively and professionally with both internal and external personnel. Delivering clear and concise information to direct reports.
- Planning and Organizing: Apply discipline and structure to the repair activities, assets and resources.
- Focus on Quality: Prepared to challenge the status quo. Demonstrates a high degree of attention to detail. Striving to enhance the percentage of scheduled repair activities.
- Leading Teams/Building Successful Teams: Demonstrates ability to engage crew members in improvement activities, brainstorming, and quality reviews.
- Driving/Facilitating Change: As a frontline maintenance execution role, it is important to be able to adopt new ideas, improvements, and good practice. Then implement that change in the work-place – safety, health, environmental, production, cost reduction.
- Maintaining Work Standards: Work consistently to set standards.
- 5 to 10 years technical experience in the maintenance industry, preferably in the heavy equipment environment.
- 2 years’ experience as a supervisor or an equivalent supervisory position
- Direct practical experience working with Loading Equipment, Komastu PC 3000 & 4000, Cat 6020 excavators
- Mechanical trade or Bachelor qualification in Mechanical Engineering.
- Driver’s license or ability to competently operate a motor vehicle.
- Graduate diploma or Bachelor qualification in Mechanical Engineering.
Other Skills & Knowledge:
- MS Office Suite (MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, MS Outlook)
- Pronto experience
Other Specific Requirements of the Role:
- Must be Fit for Duty: Able to lift and carry 50 lbs overhead, climb ladders, work at heights etc.
- Must be able to work in adverse weather conditions: -40°F through 110°F; rain, snow, sun.
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 30 Nov 2022