The ideal candidate will oversee, management and support of site radio & wi-fi networks along with assisting with maintenance program for fleet hardware systems.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Monitor radio & wi-fi network condition and identify failures
- Diagnose failure mechanism for radio, wi-fi and onboard equipment technology
- Assist IT department in optimizing radio & wi-fi network performance
- Input to daily and weekly plan regarding necessary network configuration for required mining areas to ensure coverage is achieved.
- Liaison with controllers, operators, and mining supervisors to identify network performance issues and track field performance
- Conduct network surveys in field to monitor coverage status
- Related technology repairs.
- Installing and repairing necessary network & communications equipment
- Maintain design map and audit location vs plan for radio & wi-fi backbone
- Assist mining operations with radio & wi-fi access point moves and placement
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience working with field-based radio networks is preferred, (leaky feeder experience is a plus)
- Previous experience working with mining fleet dispatch systems and corresponding networks is preferred
- Previous experience with fibre installation and repair is preferred
- 1-5 years of experience in a hard rock mining environment preferably underground
- Competent with radio software
- Introduction to machine configuration and calibrations (Includes measure-ups)
- Introduction to Radio Network (Installs & Infrastructure)
- Introduction to HIM & DIM web interface
Who are we?
Check us out – https://youtu.be/rV5b451tLKI
About the company:
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental, and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world.
Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA.
At OceanaGold, health and safety are paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviours that align with our values. OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 31 Dec 2022