The ideal candidate will oversee, management and support of underground explosives loading practices including maintaining magazine along with inventory, loading & tying in of development rounds and/or production stopes and completion of daily blast reports.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Loading of explosives for development rounds and/or production stopes
- Correct tie-in of rounds and/or stopes
- Efficient reporting and record keeping, collating accurate daily information, and ensuring all machinery documentation is completed including daily blast reports
- Work with contractors and vendors to receive and distribute explosive material
- Ensure a thorough face to face handover is communicated with the cross-shift members.
- Ensure that equipment is utilized effectively and efficiently.
- Keep and maintain accurate magazine records to meet Federal ATFE regulations
- Multi-task with Loader Operators, Nippers, Truck Operators and Service Team Members.
- Carry out all other duties that may reasonably be required.
- Perform all work and associated functions safely:
- Correctly use all PPE
- Obey all written and verbal health and safety instructions
- Establish and maintain the highest possible standards of housekeeping and cleanliness in individual work area and mine site in general
- Attend pre-shift safety and toolbox safety meetings
- Complete 5-point inspection card prior to undertaking tasks
- Report all incidents and near misses and workplace hazards
- Ensure damage is kept to a minimum and reported immediately.
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) specified for equipment or tasks and be involved in the development and review/revision of procedures when required
- Pre-starts: 100% are completed every shift
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience with handling of explosives and maintaining of magazines preferred
- Previous experience working with DYNO systems both Non-Electric & Electric preferred
- Previous experience in underground mining preferred
- Full & current driver license
- 1-5 years of experience in a hard rock mining environment preferably underground
- Past employee possessor qualification through ATFE preferred
Who are we?
Check us out – https://youtu.be/rV5b451tLKI
About the company:
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental, and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world.
Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA.
At OceanaGold, health and safety are paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviours that align with our values. OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 31 Dec 2022