- No more FIFO - Live and work in Waihi, the gateway to the stunning Coromandel region
- Lifestyle Roster - seven days on, seven days off rotating day/night roster
- Competitive hourly rate plus Southern Cross Health Insurance plus free gym membership
We are currently looking for a highly motivated Remote Bogger Operator to join us at our Waihi Operation.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our mining team. We are looking for people who share our drive for innovation and action whilst demonstrating a proactive attitude towards workplace safety.
This is your chance to enjoy a residential lifestyle on an even time roster whilst further developing your career in a challenging and rewarding role.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Perform risk assessments during course of duties
- Efficiently carry out remote bogging activities
- Perform pre-starts and checks on all equipment, ground conditions, and consumables
- Liaise with charge crew and other mining personnel
- Participate in shift change-over and pass on relevant information, fill out all paperwork and reporting procedures Carry out manual bogging activities when required
- Mentor and develop other bogger operators in the use of Sandvik Automine
The successful candidate will have:
- a minimum five years experience in underground mining
- a minimum of two years experience in remote bogging operations, preferably with Sandvik Automine
- a current First Aid certificate
- an excellent work ethic and a proven safety record
- a current full driver's licence.
About the company
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental and social performance. For more than 30 years, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities, and strong returns for our shareholders.
Our global exploration, development, and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of established operating assets including the Didipio Mine in the Philippines; Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand; and the Haile Gold Mine in the United States of America. The gold, copper, and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects communities around the world. They also contribute to sustainable economic growth in the regions where we operate and direct employment for more than 2,300 people.
Our operations are supported by a corporate office located in Brisbane, Australia.
Check us out - https://oceanagold.com/about-us/
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close Thursday, 29 September 2022. Shortlisting will commence immediately. Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
No applications from employment agencies will be accepted.
- Work Type:
- Date expires:
- 29 Sep 2022
- Mining >> Dozer Operators