OceanaGold's expanding Waihi Mine is seeking for a Superintendent to join the growing processing plant team. The Maintenance-Superintendent is primarily responsible for ensuring that all processing, water treatment and concrete batch plant activities are undertaken safely and efficiently. You will be also responsible for work with a collaborative approach with other supervisors to co-ordinate, lead and supervise mechanical and electrical personnel and sub-contractors in the safe and efficient execution of maintenance tasks within the process plant and open pit mining areas.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure the safety of employees and hold direct reports accountable for the same
- Manage the maintenance personnel to ensure the plant is maintained to comply with statutory and operational requirements
- Manage areas of responsibility to ensure maintenance budget financial targets are achieved
- Provide leadership, mentoring and coaching to establish a strong culture of continuous improvement
- Build and maintain effective relationships to create a high-performance workforce through effective engagement and communication
- Ensure that any areas of the plant that fail to meet the required level of performance are assessed and improvements are investigated and implemented where possible
- Ensure that maintenance is optimised and undertaken safely with minimal disruption to overall production
- Develop mechanical and electrical procedures for maintenance
- Responsible and accountable for ensuring all statutory requirements are meet for surface infrastructure
- Responsible for planning/scheduling of maintenance and reviewing backlog on a regular basis
- Responsible and accountable for the critical spares and ensuring we have appropriate spares to minimise downtime effects
- Effectively utilizes the Pronto maintenance management system for data retention and workflow optimization, this includes working with the planning team to make sure job prioritisation is appropriate, spares and parts holding is appropriate
- Work with the planning team by supervising mechanical and electrical maintenance crews and contractors during planned shutdown to carry out work in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with the shutdown plan / management requirements
- Develop and maintains in-house safe work procedures, training schemes and training needs analyses. Coordinating safety and on-the-job training and coaches individuals to achieve a high level of proficiency in their work
- Manage and control the work performed to meet the agreed KPI targets and performance checklists and provide weekly and monthly measurement and reporting on these KPI's
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Relevant tertiary qualification at degree level, Trade qualification or NZCE qualification
- Have or be working towards a Mechanical of Electrical Superintendent CoC
- Full and current driver's licence, ability to drive manual vehicles is preferred
- Possess a minimum of ten years production (heavy industrial plant) maintenance experience, including maintenance planning and scheduling or in management of process and /or water treatment plants
- Contractor management experience preferably on fixed plant equipment, crushing, grinding, milling, rotating equipment and pressure vessels
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental and social performance. For more than 30 years, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities, and strong returns for our shareholders.
Our global exploration, development, and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of established operating assets including the Didipio Mine in the Philippines; Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand; and the Haile Gold Mine in the United States of America. The gold, copper, and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects communities around the world. They also contribute to sustainable economic growth in the regions where we operate and direct employment for more than 2,300 people.
Our operations are supported by a corporate office located in Brisbane, Australia.
Check us out - https://oceanagold.com/
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close Friday, 30 September 2022. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Waihi Operations
- Date expires:
- 16 Oct 2022
- Mining >> Maintenance Personnel