- Based in Dunedin, working for an international gold mining business
- Develop your career within a high performing finance function.
- Enjoy the lifestyle of Otago, with its stunning scenery and unspoiled beaches.
The purpose of this role is to provide financial accounting and taxation services to our New Zealand operation. Working closely with the Senior Financial Accountant, to ensure accurate and timely reporting, to the required accounting standards.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Deliver the financial accounting requirements for the Macraes and Waihi operations, including the preparation of the Cognos statutory financial consolidation package for submission to head office
- Ensure the tax compliance requirements including tax provisioning and tax calculations, liaising with the IRD, ensuring auditing and reporting requirements are met
- Crown royalty calculations and management of returns
- Ensure the maintenance of appropriate databases and models pertaining to financial reporting including asset registers and the general ledger
- Prepare and finalise the consolidated statutory financial statements for the New Zealand Group
- Cashflow management
- Participate in a strong culture of continuous improvement
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor of Commerce in Accountancy
- Membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants or equivalent
- Full and current driver's licence
- Minimum five years financial and commercial experience within corporate or chartered accountancy environment
About the company
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental and social performance. For more than 30 years, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities, and strong returns for our shareholders.
Our global exploration, development, and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of established operating assets including the Didipio Mine in the Philippines; Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand; and the Haile Gold Mine in the United States of America. The gold, copper, and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects communities around the world. They also contribute to sustainable economic growth in the regions where we operate and direct employment for more than 2,300 people.
Our operations are supported by a corporate office located in Brisbane, Australia.
Check us out - https://oceanagold.com/
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close on Friday, 30 September 2022. Shortlising will commence immediately.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
No applications from employment agencies will be accepted.
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Macraes Operations
- Date expires:
- 30 Sep 2022
- Accounting >> Accountant