Actively contribute towards Haile Gold Mine achieving a continuous improvement model of health and safety management and performance through support, development and coaching of the employees, contractors, employees, and management to meet the required H&S Standards, processes, and procedures.
This role is required to operate in a cross functional capacity, providing assistance, and support to Contractors and HGM personnel across all Departments.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Coordinate Surface and Underground Mine Rescue Teams
- Coordinates with local response agencies
- Participates in and lead initiatives to create a healthy work environment and healthy workers.
- Maintenance and inspection of all rescue equipment
- Maintain on site station
- Investigates injury, incident and near miss events to identify causes, contributing factors and corrective and preventative actions.
- Facilitates and contributes to the HGM Safety Management System including the delivery of Management Plans, Procedures and forms that support the SMS.
- Analyses health and safety data to identify trends and ensure data quality and control.
- Collaborates with site management in complying with OSHA, MSHA and other regulations and standards.
- Assist and support the health and safety needs across site
- Prepares appropriate reports and presentations for management.
- Cyanide Audit Assistance
- Assists with the development of training in subject matter areas of expertise.
- Performs other duties as required including “on-call” support.
- Maintain adequate first response knowledge for the site needs
- Fitness for duty exams
The successful candidate will have:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to analyze information and draw conclusions
- Strategic thinking. Can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately
- OSHA, MHSA and other regulations and standards
- Occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Safety Management Systems
- Occupational Hygiene monitoring
- Preferably a minimum of 3 years of experience in Emergency Response role
- Implementing or working within the ISO frameworks and principles
- Auditing (internal & external)
- Legal Compliance
- MSHA Blue Card Holder (Part 48 endorsement) recommended
- Current First Aid & CPR Certified recommended
Who are we?
Check us out – https://youtu.be/rV5b451tLKI
About the company:
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental, and social performance. Since 1990, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities and strong returns for our shareholders. The gold, copper and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects people around the world.
Our global exploration, development and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of operating assets including Didipio Mine in the Philippines, Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand and Haile Gold Mine in the United States. Our operations are supported by corporate offices located in Brisbane, Australia and Denver, USA.
At OceanaGold, health and safety are paramount to the success of our business as are employees who engage in behaviors that align with our values. OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
- Work Type:
- United States
- Haile Operations
- Date expires:
- 31 Dec 2022