- Live and work in Waihi, the gateway to the stunning Coromandel region
- Lifestyle Roster - seven days on, seven days off rotating day/night roster
- Competitive hourly rate plus Southern Cross health insurance plus free gym membership
Our Waihi Operation has an exciting opportunity for a Trainee Underground Mine Operator to join a team that is committed to achieving an injury free work environment and have a high regard for personal safety and the safety of their workmates. If you are looking for a new challenge and thrive on teamwork and working safely, then we want to hear from you!
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Deliver personnel and equipment to job sites and returns surplus supplies to stores
- Offsides and assists Jumbo Operators to achieve targets
- Assist with the collection of production samples
- Assist with face set up
- Underground housekeeping
- Assist with mine pump maintenance and installation
- Perform pre-start and shut down checks on all equipment to ensure units are kept clean and in a serviceable condition
- Load and transport ore from chutes/loader to tipple
- Hose down hang ups in chutes
- Keep loading area clean and ensure spillage is cleaned up on tramming drive
- Operate equipment by day and night
- Understand underground mine layout and ground conditions
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Commitment to workplace health and safety
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Attention to detail
- Quick thinking
- Problem solving capabilities
- Full class 1 driver's licence with the ability to drive a manual vehicle
- Ability to pass a pre-employment medical, including a functional fitness assessment and drug and alcohol testing
About the company
OceanaGold is a multinational gold producer committed to the highest standards of technical, environmental and social performance. For more than 30 years, we have been contributing to excellence in our industry by delivering sustainable environmental and social outcomes for our communities, and strong returns for our shareholders.
Our global exploration, development, and operating experience has created a significant pipeline of organic growth opportunities and a portfolio of established operating assets including the Didipio Mine in the Philippines; Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand; and the Haile Gold Mine in the United States of America. The gold, copper, and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology that connects communities around the world. They also contribute to sustainable economic growth in the regions where we operate and direct employment for more than 2,300 people.
Our operations are supported by a corporate office located in Brisbane, Australia.
Check us out - https://oceanagold.com/
OGC VALUES: RESPECT | ONE TEAM | CONTRIBUTE | KNOWLEDGE
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our website: www.careers.oceanagold.com
Applications close on Thursday, 6 October 2022.
Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
No applications from employment agencies will be accepted.
- Work Type:
- New Zealand
- Waihi Operations
- Date expires:
- 6 Oct 2022
- Mining >> Mining Operators