Heavy Diesel Mechanic Open Pit Maintenance Workshop/Field
Do you want to be notified every time a job like this gets added? Click the CTA below!
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
OceanaGold is a growing intermediate gold and copper producer committed to safely and responsibly maximizing the generation of Free Cash Flow from our operations and delivering strong returns for our shareholders.
We have a portfolio of four operating mines: the Haile Gold Mine in the United States of America; Didipio Mine in the Philippines; and the Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand. Our operations are supported by a global workforce with significant exploration, development and operating experience.
Our Purpose is mining gold for a better future. The gold, copper, and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology which connects communities around the world. Our activities also contribute to economic growth and improved health and education outcomes in the regions where we operate. We provide direct employment for over 3,700 people and indirect employment for many more.
Our Vision is to be a company people trust, want to work and partner with, supply and invest in, to create value. This Vision is brought to life by our Values – Care, Respect, Integrity, Performance and Teamwork – which put our people, host communities, the environment and our stakeholders at the forefront of our decision-making.
Check us out - www.oceanagold.com
Safely and efficiently undertake the maintenance, repairs and servicing of all mining machinery and ancillary plant/equipment under control of the open pit maintenance workshop as is directed by the Open Pit Maintenance Supervisor. At all times, display a high degree of professionalism and quality workmanship to ensure that cost effective maintenance and repairs are delivered.
- Repairs, maintenance and daily inspection of the mining fleet and other plant and equipment in the field.
- CAT 789 C/D OHT, CAT 18 Graders, CAT D10T Tractors, 992K,988H Loaders, Hitachi EX3600 Excavators.
- Attending and repairing breakdowns of the mining fleet and ancillary plant.
- General repairs and maintenance on all mining, ancillary and support plant.
- Daily servicing (refuelling and lubrication) of mining and ancillary plant when required.
- Basic repairs to electrical systems on the mining fleet and ancillary plant.
- Planned replacements of machinery components and component repair/rebuilds.
- Record & report usage of all components, parts, G.E.T and other resources on work-order job cards.
Multiple Positions Available with different Rosters:
- 7 days on, 7 days off (Days & Nights)
- 7 days on, 7 days off (Day Shift Only) Field Mechanic Roles
- Salary range NZD $105-138K + Benefits
- National Certificate in Automotive Heavy Engineering - Plant and Equipment Level 4 or 5 or equivalent (preferred) or other relevant industry Trade qualifications.
- First Aid, Forklift, Overhead Crane, rigging and slinging, Work at Height etc. to relevant NZ standards advantageous but not essential.
- Full, clean and current drivers Licence, ability to drive manual vehicles is essential.
- Experience in repairs, maintenance and field service of heavy mining machinery on large mining excavators, trucks, drills rigs, graders, dozers and other ancillary equipment, must have well-rounded diagnostic and problem solving skills with the ability to quickly identify and repair faults to a high standard.
- Work for an international gold mining business
- Full subsidised Southern Cross Private Medical Insurance + Benefits
- Lifestyle Roster – 7 days on, 7 days off (Days & Nights roster or Day Shift only roster)
OGC VALUES: CARE | RESPECT | INTEGRITY | PERFORMANCE | TEAMWORK
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our careers website:
**Applications close 4 January 2024. Shortlisting will commence immediately. Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
Articles you might be interested in