Manager - Mining (Underground)
Do you want to be notified every time a job like this gets added? Click the CTA below!
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
OceanaGold is a growing intermediate gold and copper producer committed to safely and responsibly maximizing the generation of Free Cash Flow from our operations and delivering strong returns for our shareholders.
We have a portfolio of four operating mines: the Haile Gold Mine in the United States of America; Didipio Mine in the Philippines; and the Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand. Our operations are supported by a global workforce with significant exploration, development and operating experience.
Our Purpose is mining gold for a better future. The gold, copper, and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology which connects communities around the world. Our activities also contribute to economic growth and improved health and education outcomes in the regions where we operate. We provide direct employment for over 3,700 people and indirect employment for many more.
Our Vision is to be a company people trust, want to work and partner with, supply and invest in, to create value. This Vision is brought to life by our Values – Care, Respect, Integrity, Performance and Teamwork – which put our people, host communities, the environment and our stakeholders at the forefront of our decision-making.
Check us out - www.oceanagold.com
Enjoy a residential mining management position, situated in the stunning Otago region of NZ. You will be responsible for managing leading and developing all aspects of the underground mining operation. This encompasses strategic planning, infrastructure development, safe production, and minimising environmental and social impacts of the operation.
- Ensure the integrity of the mine planning activities by resourcing and developing the process.
- Develop functional work plans for the underground mine from Life of Mine.
- Strategic planning process are ongoing, and outputs consider the open pit mining and site milling schedules.
- Promotes implementation of continuous improvement initiatives
- Proactive engagement with Mine Operations and Long-Term Planning.
- Complete accurate end of month reports to the General Manager including key performance indicators actual versus forecast and variations for the plan.
- Actively participate in audits for regulatory, safety, and environmental compliance at the mine site.
- Ensure the underground budget is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Interpret legislation, government standards and agreements. Provide input/informed commentary, improvement opportunities and areas of risk to management.
- Be accountable for the quality of work output from the unit/department through an ongoing monitoring and audit process.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and company standards through training and development of staff and promoting by example.
- A First-Class Mine Manager’s Certificate of Competency (CoC) (
- Must hold a degree in Mining Engineering
- Full, clean and current drivers licence, and confidence driving a manual vehicle
- Minimum 7 years underground mining experience
- Residential mining opportunity, live and work in the stunning Otago region of NZ.
- Enjoy the flexibility of a 9-day fortnight.
- Free Southern Cross Healthcare and attractive salary.
Articles you might be interested in