Do you want to be notified every time a job like this gets added? Click the CTA below!
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
OceanaGold is a growing intermediate gold and copper producer committed to safely and responsibly maximizing the generation of Free Cash Flow from our operations and delivering strong returns for our shareholders.
We have a portfolio of four operating mines: the Haile Gold Mine in the United States of America; Didipio Mine in the Philippines; and the Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand. Our operations are supported by a global workforce with significant exploration, development and operating experience.
Our Purpose is mining gold for a better future. The gold, copper, and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology which connects communities around the world. Our activities also contribute to economic growth and improved health and education outcomes in the regions where we operate. We provide direct employment for over 3,700 people and indirect employment for many more.
Our Vision is to be a company people trust, want to work and partner with, supply and invest in, to create value. This Vision is brought to life by our Values – Care, Respect, Integrity, Performance and Teamwork – which put our people, host communities, the environment and our stakeholders at the forefront of our decision-making.
Check us out - www.oceanagold.com
This key role contributes to the achievement of gold production targets in the open pit. It involves driving heavy machinery & earth moving equipment within the open pit, working as part of an effective shift crew. The role offers the opportunity to develop a career in mining & the flexibility and lifestyle of a 50/50 roster, alternating between day and night shift (12-hour shifts).
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Operate large mining vehicles within the Open Pit operation
- Pre-start and shut down checks on all equipment to ensure high safety standards
- Load and transport rock to the processing plant
- Working as a member of a crew, contributing to the team
- Communicating with a wide variety of mine workers and contractors
- Housekeeping of vehicles and loading area
- A full, clean, current driver’s license and be confident driving a manual vehicle
- Have the ability to communicate well within a team environment
- Have a high interest in heavy machinery
- Be a safety conscious individual, committed to maintaining an excellent safety record
- Pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing.
- Entry level position with structured training to progress and increase your earnings
- Work more, earn more – overtime available & free staff buses from Dunedin & Oamaru
- Operate large mining equipment in the open pit, including dump trucks and dozers
OGC VALUES: CARE | RESPECT | INTEGRITY | PERFORMANCE | TEAMWORK
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our careers website:
Applications close 20 February 2024. Shortlisting will commence immediately. Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
Articles you might be interested in