Do you want to be notified every time a job like this gets added? Click the CTA below!
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
OceanaGold is a growing intermediate gold and copper producer committed to safely and responsibly maximizing the generation of Free Cash Flow from our operations and delivering strong returns for our shareholders.
We have a portfolio of four operating mines: the Haile Gold Mine in the United States of America; Didipio Mine in the Philippines; and the Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand. Our operations are supported by a global workforce with significant exploration, development and operating experience.
Our Purpose is mining gold for a better future. The gold, copper, and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology which connects communities around the world. Our activities also contribute to economic growth and improved health and education outcomes in the regions where we operate. We provide direct employment for over 3,700 people and indirect employment for many more.
Our Vision is to be a company people trust, want to work and partner with, supply and invest in, to create value. This Vision is brought to life by our Values – Care, Respect, Integrity, Performance and Teamwork – which put our people, host communities, the environment and our stakeholders at the forefront of our decision-making.
Check us out - www.oceanagold.com
This is a fantastic opportunity to get involved with New Zealand's largest gold mine. Working within the Open Pit, this role will have you supervising a team of operators.
- Ensure all work areas are set-up with appropriate controls to ensure safe and efficient operating to design and work area standards.
- Provide necessary instruction to improve work areas to reach standard requirements.
- Coach individual operators in work area standards and operating requirements for safe and effective production.
- Undertake the full responsibilities of the Production Supervisor in an acting capacity in their absence.
- Implement utilisation and efficiency initiatives as directed by the Production Supervisor
- Supervise contactors and other workers undertaking tasks within the open cut mine area
- Current full manual drivers licence.
- B grade CoC or ability to get certified is preferred.
- First aid certificate.
- 5 years open pit mining experience.
- Enjoy the flexibility of a 7 on / 7 off rotating day/night roster
- Live and work in the stunning Otago region of New Zealand
- Competitive remuneration, KiwiSaver and Southern Cross Healthcare benefits
OGC VALUES: CARE | RESPECT | INTEGRITY | PERFORMANCE | TEAMWORK
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our careers website:
**Applications close 15 December 23. Shortlisting will commence immediately. Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
Are you a recent graduate or final year student, studying surveying, engineering or earth science? Join the survey team of New Zealand's biggest gold mine. This will be a dual resource role, supporti
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, this role involves operating a large truck in our underground mine, transporting rock from one location to another. The role offers the opportunity to develop a care
Articles you might be interested in