Capital Projects Laborer
Do you want to be notified every time a job like this gets added? Click the CTA below!
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
OceanaGold is a growing intermediate gold and copper producer committed to safely and responsibly maximizing the generation of Free Cash Flow from our operations and delivering strong returns for our shareholders.
We have a portfolio of four operating mines: the Haile Gold Mine in the United States of America; Didipio Mine in the Philippines; and the Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand. Our operations are supported by a global workforce with significant exploration, development and operating experience.
Our Purpose is mining gold for a better future. The gold, copper, and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology which connects communities around the world. Our activities also contribute to economic growth and improved health and education outcomes in the regions where we operate. We provide direct employment for over 3,700 people and indirect employment for many more.
Our Vision is to be a company people trust, want to work and partner with, supply and invest in, to create value. This Vision is brought to life by our Values – Care, Respect, Integrity, Performance and Teamwork – which put our people, host communities, the environment and our stakeholders at the forefront of our decision-making.
Check us out - www.oceanagold.com
The Laborer is responsible for the safe and efficient support of the Capital Projects Team in a production environment.
JOB RESPONSIBILITES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Safe use of a wide range of tools
- Communication via 2-way radio
- Assists in mine support activities as necessary.
- Manual Labor works as directed by Supervisor.
- Report any safety or mechanical problems with the equipment in accordance with company procedures.
- Document and record production information.
- Perform other work reasonably required or as directed.
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Able to lift 50lbs
- Must adhere to the OceanaGold Code of Conduct
- Work may be conducted in outdoor settings including active mine areas and may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes, or airborne particles.
- Employees are regularly required to stand, sit, lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds, possess manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear, and see while performing their duties.
- Employee may be required to operate common vehicles and small 4x4 roving vehicles in off-road and adverse weather conditions.
- Appropriate personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor setting, manufacturing, or plant environment and may include a hard hat, single or double hearing protection, safety glasses, hard-toed footwear, respirator, protective clothing, gloves, and/or other protective equipment.
- HGM promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment including both mandatory pre-employment and random drug testing.
*The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Knowledge and implementation of safety procedures.
- Previous experience with manual labor in all weather conditions.
- Experience with civil construction equipment and common tools preferred.
- OceanaGold is a leading mid-cap global mining and metals company where safety comes first
- Cohesive, high-performance team
- Unlock your potential and make your mark with an innovative and progressive work team
OGC VALUES: CARE | RESPECT | INTEGRITY | PERFORMANCE | TEAMWORK
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our careers website:
Shortlisting will commence immediately. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States
NO APPLICATIONS FROM EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
Articles you might be interested in