Operator- Process Plant
Do you want to be notified every time a job like this gets added? Click the CTA below!
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
OceanaGold is a growing intermediate gold and copper producer committed to safely and responsibly maximizing the generation of Free Cash Flow from our operations and delivering strong returns for our shareholders.
We have a portfolio of four operating mines: the Haile Gold Mine in the United States of America; Didipio Mine in the Philippines; and the Macraes and Waihi operations in New Zealand. Our operations are supported by a global workforce with significant exploration, development and operating experience.
Our Purpose is mining gold for a better future. The gold, copper, and silver we produce are essential to the renewable energy and transport sectors, life-saving medical devices and technology which connects communities around the world. Our activities also contribute to economic growth and improved health and education outcomes in the regions where we operate. We provide direct employment for over 3,700 people and indirect employment for many more.
Our Vision is to be a company people trust, want to work and partner with, supply and invest in, to create value. This Vision is brought to life by our Values – Care, Respect, Integrity, Performance and Teamwork – which put our people, host communities, the environment and our stakeholders at the forefront of our decision-making.
Check us out - https://oceanagold.com/
OGC VALUES: CARE | RESPECT | INTEGRITY | PERFORMANCE | TEAMWORK
OceanaGold is committed to providing equal employment opportunities.
If you share the same values and have what we are looking for, please apply online now via our careers website: https://careers.smartrecruiters.com/OceanaGold
Process Operations Technicians report to the Operations Shift Supervisor. These positions are hands-on field positions responsible for the safe and efficient operation of process equipment and systems. Technicians will perform a wide variety of job functions in multiple areas within the process plant and/or water management areas (including tailing storage facility).
JOB RESPONSIBILITES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Performs all duties with a focus on safety, environmental stewardship and best operating practices.
• Operates process equipment and systems according to standard operating procedures and / or directed work instructions from the supervisor.
• Troubleshoots plant operational problems, completing plant repairs and performs plant preventative maintenance duties.
• Reads meters and gauges, automatic recording devices or performs visual inspections at specified intervals to verify proper operating conditions.
• Records data such as production rates, inventory levels or other applicable data as required by the operation at which this position is assigned.
• Visually inspects equipment at periodic intervals to detect malfunctions or need for repair, adjustment or lubrication and either reports data to appropriate personnel or performs necessary maintenance on subject equipment by tightening fittings, oiling and lubricating equipment, repacking bearings, gaskets, replacing or repairing conveyor components, gauges or other components or other maintenance operations applicable to the proper operation of the plant.
• Must show competency in operating fixed and mobile equipment. • Seeks to continuously improve work environment.
• Other job duties as assigned.
1. Knowledge of industrial treatment processes is beneficial.
2. Comfortable working with computers is beneficial.
3. Knowledge of process control systems is beneficial.
4. Knowledge of Microsoft Office software is beneficial.
Skills & Abilities:
1. Proven commitment to behavioral based safety culture.
2. Able to assess problems and make sound recommendations for solutions.
3. Able to work within a team and work well with others.
4. Demonstrated ability to learn and effectively implement change.
1. High school diploma / equivalent or higher education. [Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered for meeting the minimum requirement]
1. Prior experience in an industrial operation is beneficial.
2. Prior Water Treatment experience is beneficial.
1. Must be able to clearly communicate in English, both orally and in writing.
Mathematics Ability: 1. Must be able to perform basic mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
Reasoning ability: 1. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. 2. Ability to use logical thinking to troubleshoot problems
Key Working Relationships (List internal and external main points of contact for the role)
- Excellent problem solving skills with complex problems, including both definition of the problem and generation and evaluation of solutions.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, including goal setting, group performance monitoring and the ability to modify priorities where necessary to achieve these goals.
- The ability to make a decision from a range of competing options where the outcomes are not entirely predictable.
- Effective written and oral communication skills, and the ability to convince others to co-operate and contribute.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs, talk, hear and see.
- Occasionally may be required to lift moderately heavy objects (up to 25 pounds) during the course of the workday.
- Work is in a surface mine plant setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity.
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required.
- Haile Gold Mine, Inc. promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing.
The Electrical & Instrumentation Technician will repair and maintain associated plant equipment for the mill in line with achieving our performance objectives.JOB RESPONSIBILITES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
OceanaGold’s Haile Mine is seeking an experienced Heavy Equipment Operators to join the team. JOB RESPONSIBILITES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:Operation of heavy equipmentTo ensure dozer/excavator is operate
The role:Must have the ability and desire to learn and understand prints and manuals, diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs, using diagnostic equipment and an ability to perfor
Articles you might be interested in